Saturday, April 26, 2014

Two Years...Time Flies

I left the beautiful and green Palo Alto two years ago today. Some days it seems just like yesterday and other days I feel like life has changed so much that I hardly would recognize that carefree life. I think life slows down and speeds up all at once these days, if both are possible. 

This part year we were busy at Berry Oil, so busy I forgot about most things other than software and software. I even missed March Madness (I know, a sin).  I'm happy to say that this year we are not implementing a new accounting software system. We have some exciting things coming, that might keep me as busy as last year but at least it won't be only software.  Here is to dominating the world this coming year...I mean, working hard. 

I also took the long needed and happy leap to a family ward. I now serve in the Young Women organization. I know, some of you out there are thinking: Jess Berry teaching the youth-that's totally awesome and I wish I were a youth again, while others are thinking: Jess Berry teaching the youth-that's totally frightening and I'm so thankful I am not a youth in her ward. I suspect my young women fall on either side of that spectrum, depending on the day with me. My goal is to prepare these young ladies for life, in the unconventional form that life seems to take for some of us, and to make sure that they know I am crazy and awesome all rolled into one. Being the only single leader in our young women group and being a bit of a feminist (compared to most Idaho women) I am bringing a little shock factor to our group and hopefully I'm setting a good example?   

My body continues to refine my soul daily...hopefully for the better. Let's just say that this year I'm a little more excited for the resurrection than the year before. My hope is that my summer and fall will be better than the winter and spring physically and if not that I'll have the patience to endure. 

I miss Palo Alto, my California family, and I hope to visit a little more frequently. I do, however, realize how lucky I am to have spent my formative "adult youth" years there and appreciate my new life here as I age quickly. :) 

3 comments:

Kim said...

Teaching the young women! That's totally awesome! I wish my girls could be taught by you.

I'm sorry you are experiencing more refining. No wonder you get more beautiful every time I see you.

amominneedofadvice said...

I completely and I totally agree that time flies. I can't believe it's already May. SAY WHAT? This year is almost half over. I want to inform you that I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! If you go to this address, you can read more :) A BIG congrats! http://amominneedofadvice.blogspot.com/2014/05/good-news.html

chris said...

two years too long says I.