Thursday, March 19, 2009

9 1/2 Reasons Why Seattle Is A Must

A friend of mine sent me this today when she "just ran across it" (she is a HUGE Seattle fan) and mostly because I knew my favorite Seattle native would love it and I am already getting excited for Seattle I share. :)

1) No state income tax
2) Washington shares a border with the great state of Idaho
3) Seatle is close to 3 amazing national parks (Mr. Rainier, Olympic National Park, and North Cascades National Park)
4) Great job opportunites with Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, and Google offices around
5) In 1995 it was ranked #1 as the most honest place by readers digest magazine
6) Great public transportation in the city
7) pike place fish market (they throw fish there)
8) There's a temple in Seattle, just off I-90. The Seattle Temple is also one of five temples featuring an angel Moroni statue holding the gold plates (the other temples are LA, DC, Jordan River, and Mexico City).
9) According to a Census Bureau study, Seattle tops the list of America's most educated cities, with more than half its population 25 years and older holding at least a bachelor's degree.
9.5) I know I had a tenth reason. hmm... something to do with baseball, tragic love stories... aww shucks. I can't remember.

No comments: