Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day Dadio!


(photo courtesy of someone who loves Dadio)

This Father's Day week I've been brought back again and again to the same scripture in the Old Testament.

1 Samuel 16:7
"But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

There are many wonderful qualities my Dadio possesses and reasons why I love him (click here to remember some of them) but the quality that stands out most is embodied in the scripture above. My Dadio looks beyond the outward appearances and discerns the goodness in the hearts of others, particularly those within his family and ward, namely me. My Dadio has never seen a runt that can't do much in this 5 foot nothing stature but rather a heart with endless potential. As a daughter, as a child with physical limitations, and as a friend that ability My Dadio cultivates to take a deeper look into the hearts of men is more appreciated that any material means a Father can or does provide.

Dadio, I love you...even when you are snoring. ;)

Happy Father's Day to All!




No comments: