Thursday, December 16, 2010

Remembering Kate

Many of you will recall reading about my dear friend, Kate Finlayson, in previous posts related to Team Hydro. After a courageous and diligent fight against hydrocephalus Kate passed away on Nov 27th, 2010.

Today the memorial services were held in Danville, CA for Kate. It was a beautiful service; full of love, sweet memories, testimony, hope in the Savior, and comforting music. Kate was and continues to be a beacon of hope to me, a source of comfort, and an empathic friend. It is not often in my life I've found a friend that understands my physical struggles in the way Kate did. I'll forever be grateful for her example of courage, unwavering faith, and for her friendship that will continue one day. I love you, Kate.

You can read more about Kate here.

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

This Christmas when you're thinking of worthy causes to contribute to consider helping further the research to fight against hydrocephalus by donating to Team Hydro for the Kate Finlayson Research Grant here. Do it for Kate!



2 comments:

Deborah said...

Jess, I am so sorry. I can see how much you love Kate, and I hope you find peace and comfort while bearing the loss of your friend. You are right, she was and is an amazing example, and there is much we can learn from her and her life. Thank you for being an amazing person, Jess. You have such a big heart. I love you.

Jess said...

Thanks Deborah! I know you would have loved Kate and vice versa!You are wonderful. I love you too.

I'll be flying to Idaho in a few hours...will be there until the 30th. Let's see each other? YES! Let me know your schedule.