Friday, October 28, 2011

Totally Exhausted-Yes

I've been MIA most of October...life happens. 

Mama Berry came to the Bay to take care of me for a few days.  She's a superhero, albeit a superhero exhausted (see photo) after whipping me into shape for a few days.  For the first time in my life I was the one making the list of "chores" for her, not the other way around.  As a kid, Mama Berry was (still is) famous for making a To do list for each of her kids each day.  I blame her for my OCD need to cross things off a list to this day.  I made my list, my Mama came and then she conquered.  She tackled a list that I had been making for over a year but due to a less than stellar year physically haven't accomplished.  She took me to get injections, got me dressed, was the 24 hr nurse that I know, love, and miss, ran a laundry list of errands, cleaned cupboards, mopped the floor, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, commission the window washing by JLS (thanks JLS!), went shoe shopping, and the real kicker (that was NOT even on my list)...she painted my room (in about a 24 hr time period)!  
Seriously folks, the woman is a superhero.  Look up the definition and it will read: see also, Mama Berry.  For the sake of the world I wish everyone had one of her.  While I may still be totally exhausted, I appreciated the 24 hr care.             

Now as for the MIA bit, I'll do better starting in November...maybe after I make it through fiscal year end.  

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Hooray for Mama Berry!!! Do you think she could come be my hero too? ;)

Jess said...

Yes, I bet she would! She'll be traveling until the 10th but then I think she'll be available.