Thursday, March 29, 2012

Things That Intimidate Me...

Burly football players
My 7th grade band teacher (mostly just scared me)
climbing mountains 
AR being on the opposite team in ultimate 
and...
The Home Depot! 

It might be because everything is super-sized in this store (yes I'll admit I can barely reach the bottom shelves in most aisles). It might be because they have 10,000 options for light fixtures. It might be because they have more lumber than a small forest. It might because every salesperson sees the deer in the headlights look and one of them is constantly asking if I'm lost. The answer to that question is always YES in that store. It is as if I wear a neon sign when I step in the door. 

Today folks marks a special occasion...I went to The Home Depot by MYSELF for the first time ever (granted I've been in that store five times tops).  Even though I was overwhelmed just walking through the door I stayed for two hours and actually came home with paint samples, granite samples, wood samples, and lots of ideas...I am still overwhelmed and next time will make sure I have supervision. 

PS...I fell in love with this yellow tile. 

1 comment:

Matt Berry said...

U must be crazy with that yellow! Think resale value!