Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Parade!

 If I were going to encourage tourism in Teton Valley I'd say that July 4th would be the best time to come. 
Reasons why:
The weather is finally hot 
Hot air balloon races 
craft fairs (okay that is only a reason for HN)
BBQ with the Berrys 
and The July 4th Parade 

It is really hard to capture the uniqueness of this event in just pictures alone but I'll provide a limited selection. It has a mixture of patriotism and redneck living all rolled into one.

The classic Spud Drive-In Spud
 My three girls with their bags of candy from the parade (oh and Mattie did get pegged with a piece of candy right in the forehead...but she's still happy as ever)
 Hippie in a to-to leading along a Shetland pony (why I do not know, that's why it is so great!) 
 A Barney Fife replica holding onto this fancy truck because his scooter stalled mid-parade 
Yes, this is an outhouse as part of a float's decor
 Sweet Deer John tractor...put this one in here for BC, a lover of all tractors
Yes, that's a girl in a prom dress sitting on the hood of a beat up car...classy meets redneck. 
 So apparently Teton Valley is becoming more PC...you cannot read the sign but it says: 2012 Distinguished Young Woman of the Year. In my day they were just called the Queen and her attendants...lame. 
 While I still hold strong that since Bobby and Marilyn sold the Emporium the shakes aren't as good as our homemade huckleberry shakes I still encourage a stop here on your next visit to Victor.
 My favorite...The Tetonia Fire Truck No. 1! 
And this is what Mattie thought of the parade...
Also I had to snap this photo of Uncle Rico and his fan club! 

No comments: