Saturday, September 7, 2013

Flash Flood, Soaked, Power Outage...Just Another Day In Salmon

When the rain started I thought, no worries it is just a little rain. By the time I made it to the hotel that night it was a flash flood, electrical storm. After waiting in the car for 10 minutes I decided to brave the weather and run for the hotel. Needless to say I got soaked. Luckily my handy flashlight app helped me find my room in the dark. The power was out all night and until about 2 pm the next day...Salmon is prepared. God loves Berry Oil apparently. The city has several generators and Friday morning our plant and our c-store were located in the right areas of the city to have power...while remainder of the gas stations (minus the Sinclair next to ours) were powerless. While I didn't really love showering in the dark bathroom where just the morning before I killed a hobo spider and going to work with wet hair, it did translate into a great day of business for us. It pays to be in the oil business. 

My next trip to Salmon I'll be a little more prepared...sticking my headlamp in my car tomorrow.  



No comments: