Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Precursor Anniversary To The Berry National Holiday

Twelve years ago today my birthday became a little more important or rather a little more significant. A real second lease on life. Recall story here. I looked back at this blog over the last several years and I always post on this particular day. Probably to remind myself not to squander my life away, to remember that it is a miracle I'm here. To remember to not make a poor choice like I did that morning all those years ago. Maybe to remind myself when the days are really hard, when the aches, the pains, the "growing" experiences seem too much that it is miracle I get to experience the less than pleasant days of life. I wish I could say with enthusiasm today that I look forward to another great year, this year has been exhausting, challenging, and a year of just making it through. However, I trust in something much larger than myself, a loving Heavenly Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, whom I know is the great equalizer...all things will be made equal. So while this year has been exhausting and I might feel older than 80 this year, I am grateful I have experienced it and look forward to this next year hopefully being a little less exhausting.      

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Amen sista!

Bob and Sara said...

Such a good attitude to have. You are amazing you know. Hope your birthday was great!!!