Saturday, September 8, 2007

Berkeley!!







Berkeley has so much to offer! My friend Ben, is a Berkeley Law student and offered to let us experience Berkeley in its fullest. We started by experiencing Indian food (Shalece had never had it before). It was by far the nest Indian food I've had, I even liked the curry dishes. From there we went on the Chocolate Factory tour and yes had multiple samples. Ben basically won all praise for this portion of the day! Chocolate, dark Chocolate no less always will win me over. :) The factory tour would explain the hair nets you see on Meredith, myself, Ben, and Ben's roommate Alex. I think we all have high potential in the food preparation industry just by the way we pull the hair net look off! From there we tour a FRAT house that was originally built for one of the owners of Proctor and Gamble. I don't think I'd rent my old, hand-crafted house out to a FRAT, but they keep it well maintained. It was an experience seeing all the FRATS for the fact that besides Ben, we all went to one of the BYUs where FRATS weren't allowed. We then saw the "Treefolk". Basically a bunch of hippies who don't want UC Berkeley to cut down trees to extend their Stadium have been living in the trees for 9 months!! It was great!! If anyone wants for details or funny stories about that, feel free to ask! :) Ben also took us to this cool rose garden. It reminded me a bit of the gardens at BYU-I, but with less PDA! :)
More Berkeley stories will follow at the end of the month when we attend the "How Berkeley Can You Be Parade"....Good times will be had!



No comments: