Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Letter To The Masses

My first inclination for the Christmas letter was to say please refer to the blog archive for a summary of my year but in the spirit of Christmas I shall summarize for all those that only have five minutes.

I have been living in California for just over 1 ½ years now and many of my Idaho habits remain even though I retired the 1T Idaho plates earlier this year and don’t eat meat and potatoes for every meal. For an Idaho girl I am practically a vegetarian now by all the “healthy” habits I’ve picked up.

My year has been full of fun firsts: I attended the Silicon Valley Auto Show, attended my first hockey game and fell in love with the Zamboni, got lost in the city with the girls (oh wait, that wasn’t really a first), had my hair sculpted (if you’ve seen my hair you realize why that made the cut for the letter), went to my first Yankees’ game, ran two 5Ks, became active in politics, made Rejia’s gchat status, and had my first Thanksgiving eating on real china dishes.

My year can be summed up with attending as many baseball games my checkbook would allow, golfing as much as daylight would allow, and playing softball ad football as much as my body would allow.

The parents came to visit the bay in March and we had a blast. In May my friend, Jonathan, came from Seattle for our annual baseball bet trip where we watched the Oakland A’s beat the Boston Red Soxs for a series sweep while The Yankees swept the Mariners in New York. It really was the best weekend to hold the baseball bet trip. I met my family in Northern Idaho in July for some baseball and golf. My Grandma passed away in August, so I gathered with my family in Idaho once more. My birthday week this year was AMAZING!!! I do love the Berry National Holiday. The rest of my time was work, play, play, play, and play.

This year has presented many ups and a few downs but has been another great year to be alive. I am blessed to be alive and running 75 miles per hour (or driving that is)!

Merry Christmas!!!

P.S. To see photos of said events please refer to the blog (I am however still somewhat of a Grinch). ;)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Jess, you are better than me. I say, "refer to my archive for an update on the year" because I don't have the time or patience to send out a Christmas letter!