Friday, December 19, 2008

SAM HALL THE GREAT

The first night in Palo Alto I met my new roommates and Samantha Hall. Little did I know that night I was being introduced to such a sweetheart. Sam in a word embodies service. Later Sam and I would work together in the Relief Society and I was amazed by her capacity to love and serve so much and so sincerely. Below is a pile of compassionate service notes that Sam kept while serving in that calling. I think this pile speaks volumes of what is important in Sam's life. She has again and again proven that in our interactions and as I watch from the background at her kind gestures of friendship. I feel a certain kinship with Sam Hall. On my gchat status it always reads I heart [Insert person or item here] while on Sam's status it always reads I am grateful for [Insert person(s) or item(s) here]. I do heart Sam Hall! She is a wonderful example of service, love, and humility. Sam will be serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in February and while she will be missed I am happy that others will feel the joy that Sam Hall brings to the lives she surrounds. Thank you Sam, good luck (soon)!

2 comments:

mariah christine said...

Sam is going to be the most WONDERFUL missionary! she really cares about people, their talents, their hopes and dreams, their quirks and beauty. She will be a beautiful asset to serve the Lord. I can't wait to serve with her in the mission field!

Jewels said...

How are you? Are you coming home for Christmas?