Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tourist Adventures!

Hot Chocolates and a warm cookie bottom sundae: the only way to do Ghirardelli right.
Boudin's sourdough (mouth is watering)!!!
Completely freaking out driving down Lombard street. Gari and I both had a lot of "firsts" this trip. :) Luckily we made it down safely.


View from the sunroof!
Gari had never been to In-N-Out. It really was a shame but we rectified that pretty quickly. A double double anyone?
Drive Thru....
I would just like to point out how ridiculously dressed up Gari was to go to In-N-Out.....
come on Gari it is a classy joint but not the Ritz. ;)
Half Moon Bay in the rain.
Gari at Marianne's Ice Cream....delicious!!!! Nothing organic or healthy about this treat!
Our dinner at South Legend. For almost three years South Legend has been my FAVORITE FAVORITE restaurant in the bay and yet I've never blogged about it. What an huge error on my part. The first time I went there as an intern with our friend, Huailei, taking us (thanks for introducing me to my favorite place). At that point in time I thought it was amazing but very spicy, but as I continued to return my tolerance for the spicy flavor increased! Now I insist on taking everyone that visits me to South Legend. I have my two favorite dishes that are always a must: fish in a fiery sauce and a spinach leaf vegetable in garlic (yummy...just getting hungry typing). Out of everyone I taken there the only non-lovers were my Dad (poor guy...he is too hooked on steak and potatoes to enjoy) and Meredith (who prefer "fake" American Chinese food). It is funny because the waiters know me by name and recognize when I don't frequent their establishment often. I do heart South Legend! Anyone wanting the experience let me know and I'll introduce you to greatness on a plate!
This picture is for HC....at The Tech they have a room dedicated just for QC (Quality Control)...I think I found my home. ;)

4 comments:

Deborah said...

It's amazing what you can do and see in a big city. Sometimes I think I miss out on that kind of stuff because I live in a small town...and then I think about the traffic and I'm just fine:)

Amie said...

Ok so I just have to say that i love your outfit. I especially love your hat and I have been looking for one just like that style and haven't been able to find one that I love. Also your vest is hot on you! Maybe I need to move to CA to get more style.(see how I abbreviated the word California....yup I am pretty trendy....throwing down some Jessica slang):)

Sandi said...

Okay, it is official that i need to come visit...Ghiradelli, In-N-Out( I can't believe Gari has never been there), Chinese Food...all loves of mine. I am very jealous that I missed out on the fun. Also, that Would You Rather game is entertaining but I kinda feel like the winner is actually the real loser (Meaning that the winner made a complete fool of themselves in order to win.)

Bryan said...

So... I want to taste South Legend, looks pretty authentic