Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Inner Workings Of The Stanford Sophomore Mind Part 4

**Disclaimer: I did NOT put Stanford Sophomore up to this post but as promised I never change the content of my guest blogger (even when it makes me blush...something I rarely do). Thank you SS for the compliments.

Would Jess Berry Approve?

I haven't gotten approval from Rachel Hamilton to use her name, so I will refer to her as Rachel Hamilton. (Hi Rachel!)

So yesterday night I was talking to a very full Rachel Hamilton and she began to tell me about Sunday dinner with her family. She started to tell me how wonderful the steak was she had, but I cut her off to ask:

Rachel, would Jess Berry have approved?

After thoughtful contemplation, Rachel then answered yes. No more description of the fabulous meal was needed, we both understood the powerful implications of that question.

Would Jess Berry approve? That question is an excellent assessment tool for all of our important life questions. Let me give you some examples:

Should I flirt with this guy/this girl? Unsure. The answer could be yes or no depending on the relative and appropriate knowledge of sports compared to yours.

Should I enjoy living alone for a while? Approved! The answer is yes based on your willingness to enjoy "the freedoms" and the privacy.

Should I do something good for someone? Approved! The problem is you have to beat Jess to it. This requires skill, agility, speed, and thoughtfulness.

So the next time you are trying to describe something absolutely wonderful or make a hard decision, stop, think, and ask yourself: Would Jess Berry approve?

1 comment:

moma berry said...

very nice compliments jenn