Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jess Berry Quote of The Day!

We are strangers here. Of course we feel lonely. Not even the closest of friends can erase that feeling, for it is natural. I have been told by those that would know that even the closest marriage relationship does not completely erase the feeling of loneliness. It is a necessary part of our experience on earth – for it leads us to the plea found in the final verse of Eliza R. Snow’s lyrics to “O My Father”:

When I leave this frail existence

When I lay this mortal by

Father, Mother, may I meet you

In your royal courts on high?

That is our desire. Until that time, our job is to do the best we can. If you feel lonely, know that those around you do as well. The best thing we can do about it is to close the gap that is causing our greatest loneliness – our separation from God. We do that not only by keeping the commandments, but by acting as He and His Son, Jesus Christ, would act – by serving others. Reach out to all around you, who need your help and love at least as much as you need theirs. If they don’t respond, reach out again.

In so doing, we express the final thought of “O My Father”: “Let me come and dwell with you.”

Benj Christensen

No comments: