Sunday, June 21, 2009

17 Reasons Why My Dadio is My Favorite!

(I think we kind of look alike?) :)


1. He loves dessert first. The man makes shakes that melt your heart.

2. He taught me how to play ball one-handed. At first I know my dad was frustrated, because I wasn’t very good, but he was so patient. He never discouraged me from improving. He stuck with me…always! That quality of sticking with me is my favorite. My Dad is my greatest fan.

3. Driving in the gas truck as a little girl with him. This has created a habit. Obviously my Dad doesn’t drive a gas truck all that often these days but my favorite time with Dad is driving. We have great discussions and those times are really where you get his undivided attention (when he’s not on the cell phone, of course). ;) I still call him when I’m driving; it is the next best thing!

4. He taught me to never turn down a calling and backs that counsel up with his own example.

5. Makes God his number one priority.

6. Loves my Mom and it is completely visible that he does.

7. He’s always seen the potential within me and pushed me to accomplish every success.

8. Openly and shamelessly brags about his kids.

9. An Amazing son. While my Dad is the youngest son, he really has always been a pillar of strength and consistency with his siblings and I’ve always admired the way he’s handled the situations he faced with siblings and parents and for the unwavering love and respect he showed his parents. I am forever grateful for his example of what a good child is throughout your life.

10. He’s always been an amazing provider for our family; even in rough times he always worked hard to support us.

11. He’s always been a worthy priesthood holder in our home and always discerning.

12. A father to any and all that come into his home. It has been amazing to watch through the years as my Dad has been a father figure to so many. I have numerous friends that keep coming back to our home just to visit with my Dad. I am simply the avenue. Ron Berry definitely always has had an open door; anyone is welcome policy that I admire greatly.

13. Waiting at the airport with a Wendy’s Spicy Chicken sandwich, fries, and a Dr. Pepper when I fly home to visit. The man spoils his daughter rotten. Being the only girl with a Dad that has a heart that expands across oceans definitely has been an amazing perk in my life!

14. Memories that will forever be in my heart and mind that really show just how loving my Dadio is. For example I remember sitting on the front row during my high school graduation looking at my dad, who was breathing “in and out” with me so I wouldn’t hyperventilate before I gave my speech.

15. Watching my Dad tear up when speaking in public. The man is a human marshmallow. Adorable!

16. The fact that he gets his hair trimmed more often than anyone I know.

17. Watching him with Avery. He and Avery remind me so much of me and my Grandpa Berry. It can bring me to tears and always makes me ecstatic when I see them together knowing that Avery gets the opportunity to be Papa’s favorite and build such a close bond.

I love my Dadio! Happy Father’s Day! You’ve indeed always been an amazing Dad, friend, and example to me and everyone you’ve come in contact with. Thanks for putting up with us and here’s to another many years full of great memories!

2 comments:

moma berry said...

very nice tribuite to your dad and so true

Trena said...

Nice memories; great dad!