Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Recap

Before you look at the photographic evidence that I participated in an array of Halloween activities I should make a few notes as my disclaimer for participating.

1. My dear friend, HN, LOVES October and Halloween and by love I would compare it to my love of the Yankees or my love for the Berry National Holiday. With this knowledge and because I love HN I chose to humor her and participate in a delicious "spooktacular" dinner party. She and Bena went all out! For someone that thinks Halloween is a pagan tradition that should be banished from the calendar I was very impressed with their spooky candles, glittered pumpkins and skeletons, and cobwebs covering each place setting!
2. I have a new(ish) calling...I'm the service committee co-chair. So when Bena proposed that we do the trunk or trick for the children in some of the wards within our stake as a service to the parents how could I say no? So remember...it is for the children folks!
3. At our ward Halloween party I had the privilege to dress up as JP! My hero. How could I pass up that opportunity?
4. Even with the smiles and that fact that I made a completely legit and adorable Dorothy I am still the HALLOWEEN GRINCH! Remember this fact folks!

These are the delicious pumpkin dessert cups that C. Sonne and I assembled for the dinner party. Two words: pumpkin butter. It will change your life.
We also made Mama Berry rolls for the party but we didn't take photos, but I'm C. Sonne's witness that he did in fact make them, with a little help from the expert.
C.Sonne and I at the October dinner party.
"JP" with The Ohio State (ward Halloween party)
JP and "JP"! How awesome is this photo? Completely awesome! I heart JP!
Me as "Dorothy" from the Wizard of Oz, if you can't tell...like I said adorable.
The Tornado...genius costume!
You can't see our trunk but we built a barn to go along with our "theme" for the trunk or treat. Also, note the pigtails...I may have a new look! This photo was taken before the Tornado struck of course, hehe.

1 comment:

moma berry said...

looks like you are having a lot of fun down there. you would have enjoyed halloween here too as we have no snow yet!