Thursday, January 13, 2011

Resilient Then...Resilient Still

Even as three year old I was geared up and ready for the pitches to be thrown my way! Seeing this spunky face reminds me that I'm still ready in the words of Jack Berry to "spit in that damn mitt" and not miss again!


Sadness and sorrow at times come to all, including children. But children are resilient. They bear up beautifully to shoulder the burden they may be called upon to endure. Perhaps the lovely psalm describes this virtue: “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” 15

President Thomas S. Monson



4 comments:

Deborah said...

That was beautiful. You are an inspiration to many, including me.

Jess said...

Thanks Deborah!

Emily said...

What a cute picture! made my day!

Jess said...

Thanks Em!