Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Grateful Gourd 2010 (and a 2009 sampling)

Yes it is 2011 and I'm just getting around to documenting the 2010 Grateful Gourd slips...yet since it is my blog I am taking editor's authority and giving myself the green light this time around. For those of you that are asking themselves: What is the Grateful Gourd? I'll explain quickly. Three years ago HM gave MPR and I a green ceramic gourd at the beginning of November and encourages us to record on little slips of paper each day those things we are grateful for. When splitting up assets with MPR, I was the lucky winner of the GG.

Turns out I didn't blog 2009's GG slips so we'll go in order.

2009 (a very small random sampling)

AH's lemonade cake
Bro Branson's golf analogy
SJ and Japanese night
Visiting with Bike and Diane
Disappointment/Rejection
BT's GPS
KT moving closer
The temple
Hot tubbing

2010 (a larger (yet still small) random sampling)

HN, her level-headed friendship, her willingness to rally the troops
The Water Filter's kind notes
The Carlstons
SS making my bed
The temple!!!
24 hr Walgreens
1.5 pies/person ratio at Thanksgiving!
LS's text message post temple trip
Kate Finlayson, my kindred spirit
LE making bread pudding
JBH bringing spider traps over
Fulfilling my 3 dates in 3 months goal!
CH's flattering compliments, they make me feel even prettier :)
Opportunity to teach Sunday school
My little girls (Sam Jam, Averina, MoCo, and Brown Eyes)

2011 will hopefully be documented in the same calendar year. Everyone should have a GG, in my authoritative opinion.

PS: Did I mention where I store past year's GG slips? The Dr Pepper vintage lunch-box, obviously!

1 comment:

RandiLynn said...

This is an amazing idea!!! I'm going to have to borrow it. I love your guts Jess!!