Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flashback: The List of Love

In college SJ documented my fickleness by creating “The List of Love” on Microsoft Paint. Her Dad was a professor so she used his password to copy the photos of seven or so guys I liked at the time plus one guy she knew that I detested, and a photo of my brother, made into a Paint picture, and made it my desktop background. She used the picture of my brother to superimpose it onto a photo of this boy, Daniel, to prove her long standing claim that they looked identical (that was pretty accurate and slightly freaky). She listed them out in order of whom she thought I should like. This practice of creating hilarious MS Paint pictures and saving them as my background was common place for SJ. I attempted for a long time to keep her away from my laptop by changing passwords, taking my laptop with me everywhere but she always found a way. In this particular instance I didn’t look at my laptop until I was in class the next morning, getting ready for a large presentation. Now mind you, I think three of the young men on this Paint picture were in this class, sitting rather close to me so anyone can imagine the horror I experienced when I almost exposed "The List of Love" to my entire class. SJ definitely is the MS Paint master and I simply became her apprentice. I would always protest every time she’d “paint” my laptop but I treasure each of those ridiculous Paint pictures she made me.

I'm not quite as fickle these days, SJ would be proud.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I have been meaning to come up with a paint in response to this, but alas I did not get it accomplished. Thank you for acknowledging my paint master status, I wouldn't be where I am today without you JB!

Jess said...

Hahaha...no you wouldn't. I'm definitely your muse. ;)