Saturday, December 31, 2011

Grateful Gourd 2011

I have considered what post should be given the last post of the year (and the 1077th post on this blog!) and then I glanced at that green ceramic gourd that resides on my dresser and knew that the Grateful Gourd deserved the honor. After a longer year than anticipated physically, emotionally, spiritually when I pulled out the Grateful Gourd at the end of October for the annual recording of gratitude I was hesitant thinking that I couldn't fill the gourd after such a year. Instead I took that doubt as a challenge to look for the good in the smallest of things and in the greatness of the people that surround me with outstretched hands daily (literally).  Gratitude brings happiness, peace, comfort, better perspective, and patience to (and maybe especially) the weary hearts of men.    

As with every year, this list is a sampling of just a short time frame and in no particular order. 

HN’s listening ear
JP calling
My Top 5 physical features
HM being my new Visiting teacher 
Crepes
Homemade raspberry jam
My new BED!
The found iPad2 (and the person returning it)
Poncho, Senorita Erickson, and folks’ visit
JLS painting my new dresser
Help decorating the apartment (forced help)
Cook club
AR and MPR
JBH and HN’s help (11/12)
Cleaner carpet (thanks Dadio)
Freshly painted nails
Alma 32-my must follow guide
Pumpkin cake
DSW night with Cec
Dream water
The WFH flexibility
KF’s example
Golf
Golf league
Frozen Gogurts
FHE with Kambria
Dinner with MP (11/22)
A clean kitchen
The Carlstons (already missing them!)
Grateful to be alive
Surviving this past year
KW
HB
South Legend (yummy)
Alex C (the HTer that is never released)
Phone calls with Mama Berry
Massages
Bedtime tea
Ride to Thanksgiving with LS
The Ellwangers! (great Thanksgiving)
Dinner with the Jarvis family (11/25)
Spending the evening with the Carlstons (11/27)
Quiet time alone
Naps on Sundays! (best part of 9am church!)
RMR’s email (11/25)
The Hammers
Mani/Pedi night with kt
Sweet potatoes
Going home! (12/1)

1 comment:

brittney perry said...

I am also grateful for you new bed.

and so many of the other things on this list (especially homemade raspberry jam) thanks for sharing.