Sunday, January 22, 2012

Guest Blogger: Stanford Grad, JP: A Sign of a True Friend

I live in Boston. Lately the weather has been downright cold. I have had to wear my wool coats, scarves, gloves, and everything else.


Today was Sunday, the weather was slightly warmer, like 28 degrees instead of 18 degrees. So I wore a shorter dress with tights to church. The dress is a Jess Berry original.


At church I kept my coat on until right before the first meeting. About fifteen minutes into the meeting, the time when everyone is extremely reverent, my dear friend J, taps me on the shoulder.  Whispering, she very kindly informs me, "Jenn, your zipper is undone."


As she tells me this I reach over to indeed feel more than I expected. My face flushes.


I had apparently gotten ready so fast I had forgotten to zip up the side of my dress directly under my left arm.


I struggle to begin to zip up the dress.  Thoughts race through my head, Will this dress in fact zip up? Has the cute boy behind me heard or seen this? Who ever decided to put a zipper under the arm??


J, understanding my dilemma, discreetly zipped up the side of my dress.  I don't believe that I have ever heard a louder zipper sound. I pray that the congregation thought the sound was a scripture case.

No comments: