Sunday, January 29, 2012

Roddy Ranch Golf Outing

Saturday The Js Plus DW spent the day golfing at Roddy Ranch. It was an adventure and a hilarious day. This course was a mix between California, New York, Idaho, and Wyoming. (As you'll see from the photos)

It is also named the driest course in Northern CA, this shot is of the rough. I imagine it use to be a cattle pasture. 

JLS with a saddle and animal head mounted on the wall behind (this was the front entrance to the club house). She was in heaven. 
 And then Heaven really came when we walked further and found an ORIGINAL Yankees stadium seat in the pro shop, so you can imagine the excitement JNS and I both felt! Western themed with Yankee gear scattered throughout, does it get any better? I dare say, no it does not...

And then we saw this gem. I had to post this for Poncho Villa. In all my life I've never seen a mounted steer...and I grew up in IDAHO! Seriously.
The course was very busy which meant that our round of golf was slow...hence this classic shot JLS snapped of us. 

 Oh yes, horseshoes as tee-markers. 

Our scores weren't very pretty but we were still smiling at the end of the round! 

No comments: