Friday, April 26, 2013

My One Year Anniversary

One year ago I left my home in Palo Alto and returned to my Tetonia home. I told myself it would take at least a year to feel settled and adjusted back to Idaho living. I was right. I still am very much a Californian Idahoan. I still freeze in this "balmy" weather we have in Idaho. I still crave frozen yogurt and Thai food on a daily basis. I still eat like a "hippy" according to my brother. I still wear my Sperry's and skinny jeans. I still love my bright colors (hence a blue house with a purple door among the sea of brown ones). I still miss Gustavo. I still miss shopping at H&M. I still get up on Saturdays wanting to walk The Dish. Most importantly, I still miss my California family.

Having said that, many things have changed. 

I am a homeowner! I sit by my fireplace at night and remind myself how awesome it is to have a place to call my own (and NO roommates!). I now do more home decor shopping than clothes shopping. I work in a very spacious office, that has a door (no more cubicle life for me). I LOVE work. I never thought I'd say that, let alone really mean it. We are working hard and there are great things ahead for Berry Oil. Working with family is extremely fulfilling. I'm grateful I get to be a part of such a legacy. For the most part, I am feeling better physically than I was a year ago and when I'm not I've got an army of family and new neighbors that are there to help me. In my free time I get to spend time with the coolest little girls in the world. They make me feel like a million bucks, give me purpose, and really think I'm the coolest (which is pretty awesome). While I wear my boots more than I wear my Sperry's here, I feel at peace with the changes that have occurred this past year. 

I look forward to another year ahead, with hopefully a little more golfing. I'll continue to blend my Idaho and California roots together to be make the next year even more awesome.   

PS...visitor welcome anytime! COME!


5 comments:

chris said...

1 year down, and we're here stuck in our shoeboxes, living in hordes of people, swimming in the filth of humanity in our cubicles, despairing that Jess Berry is no longer in our midst.

So glad you're happy!

brittney perry said...

California's loss = Idaho's gain. And there will always be New Years.

Brett and Lydgia said...

Jess, I was thinking about you today and especially missing you. thinking you should have been over here this afternoon hanging out with Jenn and Keena and the family. .. love and hugs...

Kim said...

I love having you back in Idaho. Just seeing you lifts my spirits. You better come visit your mom and dad again. I think I need another lift ;-)

Emily said...

I love having you back in Idaho again too! I'm coming for a visit in August, so we definitely need to get together -- and I need to see your beautiful house!!!!