Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Time I Received Injections Twice In One Visit

Yes that is a little kid's paper hospital gown. Mama Berry, my lifelong OT, and my doctor thought it was hilarious having the "adult" in a kid's gown...and it fits to boot. 

Turns out that the first set of botox injections were really just saline. (no kidding, folks) I, of course, have the best luck of anyone I know so when the doctor returned to tell me she had to inject me again with the real stuff I took it like a "champ"...sort of. It hurt as per usual but I didn't cry. That's a win in my book. 

Needless to say, I've been a little extra sore this round of injections. I've received a lot of great help from my family and my neighborhood. Just within a short week I've made lots of new friends. Service really does eliminate barriers and opens doors for friends. For this reason alone I'll forever be grateful for a less than perfect body. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

I hope you get feeling better soon!!!

Unknown said...

I love how you continue to have such a great perspective on things Jess! I think blog writing and journaling all contribute to a positively productive reflection process, as I've seen it work in my life. It lets you zoom out and scope out the great world yonder, and forget the small details just for a moment.