Thursday, February 21, 2008

Excerpts from the Life of Jess Berry

For the last few years I've been compiling my life history. What started as an assignment in a writing class has turned into one of my favorite hobbies. Yes, keeping a history of your life sounds like a nerdy hobby. Guess what? I have always been a nerd so it doesn't really shock me that I'd have such a hobby. It also proves to be a great stress-reliever. Preserving my life memories has provided very insightful understanding of why I'm the way I am, it has helped me see and remember the many wonderful blessings I've had and continue to have in my life, allowed me to express my gratitude for my family, and chuckle everything I remember an old memory or make a new one. I also wonder what's the point of certain experiences if we simply forget them with the passing of time.

As I was in the gym this afternoon I had the idea (some of my best thinking happens in the gym) of sharing "excerpts" of my life history on my blog. So probably weekly I'll be posting installments of my past memories, experiences, and lessons learned. For those of you that would like the current version of the complete history you are welcome to shoot me an email and I'll share.

3 comments:

Gini said...

I don't think that it is nerdy at all, I think it is a really cool thing to do. Not only for you, but for your future family as well.

Scott said...

I think it is totally cool. And just to make you feel even better. I remember once for show and tell sharing my life story with my class. My teacher cut me off about 10 minutes into it... so I continued it each Friday as part of show and tell. It is just natural to want to remember and share what you remember. And... I would love to ready what you have so far. :)

Jake and Megan said...

That is such a good idea! I always think I will remember things, but the older I get the more I forget(and I am not that old)