Friday, March 14, 2008

Ghost Runner Baseball

When I was younger, my favorite things to do were to play in the mud and play ghost-runner baseball with Matty. Ghost runner baseball is playing baseball with two people. Matt would be on one team and I would be on the other team. The reason we would call it ghost runner was because who ever was playing offense would run around the bases until the defense stopped them. Then, the person would go back and bat again and in place of the runner, a “ghost runner” was placed. The ghost runner never got out. Matt and I would make bases with my mom’s couch pillows. I remember her getting so upset with us. We played this all the time. When I think about all the things I ever did in my childhood, playing ghost runner with my big brother was one of my most treasured memories.

2 comments:

Gini said...

One of my favorite memories as a child, is playing a game of baseball in the mud with my brothers, so there you go! who knew we had so much in common. Seriously, I can picture you and Matt playing that, so cute!

Deborah said...

You didn't wear green on St. Patrick's day? Do I need to send you a reminder next year?

By the way, I love the story:) That's a good one. I got my idea of doing memories from you.