Sunday, March 23, 2008

MADNESS IS IN THE AIR!


In California the flowers are blooming, in Idaho it is two degrees below zero-but the month is still March and Spring Madness is most definitely in the air! I categorize my favorite months with the exception of my birthday month being my number one favorite month (September), based on the sports calendar. October is obviously reserved as my #2 for post-season baseball action. March earns the coveted #3 favorite month! As my wise friend KT puts it: "Boys come and go, but basketball is forever!" It starts with conference tournaments and that great day (selection Sunday) where bracketology commences. I always have my "practice" brackets before my final bracket is complete the following Thursday. This year the clear winner is UCLA! While after the first two rounds have pretty much killed my bracket, UCLA hung on through a nail-biting fight with Texas A&M. After that save, I would probably wear Ben's "Howland is My Homeboy" shirt proudly after that win! Let us not forget the player of the game, Kevin Love, whom everyone should LOVE! Madness is full of the upsets that truly make the tourney madness: W. Kentucky, Siena, Villanova, Davidson, etc. This year Madness has been brought to a whole another level, thanks to our EPA hosts that have been providing the ultimate Madness experience (57" HD screen, unlimited food, and toasts for every upset)! Madness brings people together in ways that only sports are able to! Praise to March, praise to the buzzer-beaters, and praise to the joy that Madness brings to the soul!

6 comments:

Bryan said...

and praise to North Carolina who will take it all... even if UCLA lucks out and makes it to the final game!

Gini said...

O.k. Jess I now know for sure....
you are a freak!!! But I still love ya!:)

Deborah said...

Sorry Jess, but in our house, NC takes it all.

Emily said...

Three cheers for March Madness!!!! --The best time of the year -- as in #1 -- not #3! Come on, get your priorities straight! ;) Go North Carolina! (I think you are out-numbered Jess!)

Emily said...

I might even like watching basketball if I had that big of a tv & unlimited food!

Jake and Megan said...

You are crazy about March Madness. You could fit right in with Jake and Jace. I love it too, but not until the Championship game. I love reading your blog!