Monday, March 3, 2008

Apples to Apples and MASH

Preface: Karren, Roni, Maren, and I were recently released from the RS presidency and we felt the occasion deserved some real celebrating. What we did: Had a legit slumber party as adults (It was obviously at my place because I only do "sleepovers" when I get a bed (preferably my own)).

Apples to Apples:First let me say that I am not that fond of this particular game. It is way too subjective to actually be competitive, which let's face it I play games because I LOVE competition (almost to a fault). Yet, when you play this game with Karren Thomas, Roni Lane, and Maren Pearson; combine large quantities of sugar and my late night delirious humor this game becomes extremely entertaining! Classic moment: We had been boasting throughout the evening about our favorite people in the ward (Peter Finlayson and Mike Orgill). We adore them both and KT and I tend to swap adoring comments daily about them! So when the adjective was Awesome, I used my wild card and opted to use Peter Finlayson (I figured I had that round in the bag). Roni must have had too much cheese and Kool-Aid because she picked Maren's card! Please! Sorry Peter, we have since explained how the word "Awesome" is your middle name! :)


Various quotes that the four of us might only find funny include but aren't limited to these: Jess: Taking pictures of cards is hard. (This was super late, remember) Maren: I have showered occasionally this week. Jess's response: Awesome! We thought the adjectives that we won fit us so well that they deserved a blog post, hence the comment about taking the pictures!


As for MASH, like all games of MASH the results remain in the sisterhood. Let's just say that while I ended up being poor as a church mouse and living in N.C., my husband was a catch and an accountant to boot. As for Roni, the opposite happened. Too bad money doesn't bring true happiness, but you'll always have the Phoenix Suns! :) HEHE!


For anyone that really knows me, the Fabulous and Arrogant cards are dead giveaways that these ones are mine.


Any guesses? The perfect and lucky card is where the hint is. Yes, Roni! Mostly so lucky because she spends time with us!



This one kind of represents Maren (that is what we were thinking until we got to Pure). Now we aren't sure? Maybe there was a fifth player that was invisible. That has to explain it.



KT is the only one left, easy guess. The top two are so fitting!


Karren impersonating Mike Orgill (whom we love!) in PEC Meeting. It is kind of scary how well she pulls off the face!

Roni is still smiling after a week of only sleeping two hours a night. What a trooper or insane person! Whatever one you prefer. Those three stayed up until 4 am and 6 am respectively, the girl with an 80 year old body hit the hay at 1:30 am. I'm still wondering how they pulled it off. Maren drinking more Kool-Aid...no wonder she lasted until 6 am! Karren still pleasant at that hour....amazing. I have a hard and fast rule that no photos are taken of me past 11 pm for good reasons. :)

2 comments:

kt said...

you should have seen my other PEC impressions :P

Roni said...

that was so fun! thanks for letting us invade your house Jess:D