Sunday, April 6, 2008

Parents Come to the Bay! Yah!

Dad and Mom came to visit last week. I think they really missed their baby girl. Oh. ;) Beyond the multiple heart attacks they felt coming on while driving with me on freeways (My lead foot has become even heavier since moving to California and I have learned how to "survive" well when driving. I for one use my blinker.) , I think they had a splendid time. I particularly enjoyed introducing my parents to real Chinese food, hot tubing, my nap while they were in the Oakland Temple, watching March Madness, driving down Hwy 1 along the coast, and yes My Mom got her eyebrows threaded while she was here.
Dad and Mom atop the terrace at the Oakland Temple. This pictures is hilarious! Dad you are definitely taller in this one. ;)
In front of the Oakland Temple.
Mom and I outside on the Temple grounds. My strategy for taking them to the Temple was to show them how beautiful the Oakland Temple is so they wouldn't be completely shocked if I want to get married in this Temple. Seriously the photos don't do it justice.
Dad at PF Chang's with his Mongolian Beef. Yes, he flies all the way to California and his only request was a trip to PF Chang's. Needless to say he preferred PF Chang's over my favorite place South Legend (which is authentic Chinese food).
Driving down Hwy 1 along the coast. This was the only time I felt safe letting Dad take the wheel (less traffic, so when he didn't use his blinker we didn't fear for our lives). I pulled out the Joe Rocket snowmobiling gloves I keep in my car. They now are my freeway racing gloves. I have yet to find a real purpose beyond that for them in California. Where we stopped to take a power nap. I have found in the last two weeks that I LOVE taking naps in my car. Open the sunroof, lock the doors, lay the seat down, and I'm in Heaven.
Joe Rockets must have their own spotlight showing.
Lighthouse along the coast.
Very awesome view of the Pacific!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Awesome pics Jess! Hope you had a great time with your family, but it sounds like you did:)
Great pictures of the Oakland Temple. That used to be our temple before they built the Reno Temple. Someone proposed to me on the top of the Oakland Temple. But I said no because we were twelve:)

Gini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gini said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I had to do a double take at the pic where your Mom is shorter that your Dad!!
I had to laughat the REAL chinese food comment. A few years ago when the family was together, we were trying to come up with a place to go to dinner. Your parents said they wanted to try out a new chinese place. Well jason and I had already eaten there and it wasn't very good. When I said that, your Mom said, "well not every place can be as good as Seattle." So now you know what I have to deal with!! Once you have had the good stuff, there's just no going back.
I love your parents, so cute. When is your next trip home?

Jake and Megan said...

How fun to have your parents come visit you! I know they do miss their Jessica! They came to our last month with Josh. It seems so weird not having you around.