Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tetonia Adventures of Lindy and Jess

When I was young, Lindy (my cousin) and I would always play in the mud. I remember this one time in particular, Lindy and I got in the mud and sand and made mud pies. My mom was so upset. Lindy and I both have very thick hair, my mom tried to get the mud and sand out, but she couldn’t. I wouldn’t be surprised if we still have some left in our hair now. Lindy and I would have these wars, so to say. This one time I created this drink containing shampoo, cough syrup, soap, and everything else I could find. She always tells people that I tried to poison her, but I really didn’t think that she would ever drink it. Lindy and I formed a club that was “No Boys Allowed”, which I think mostly meant no Ryan (Lindy’s older brother) and Matt. Lindy and I would ride bikes to the first creek, on the way to the rodeo grounds. Once we got there we’d wade out to an island of rocks where we would have a “picnic”, which usually consisted of crackers and cheese. We also would go to buy candy at Classic Stop everyday! My mom wasn’t too please with this. Dr. Pepper and Nacho Cheese chips were my favorite. Lindy and I had our first “real” jobs at the motel next to Lindy’s house. We were housekeeper and laundry girls. I really didn’t mind this job, granted most of my earnings went to Classic Stop.

The people, who lived in the house kitty-corner to my home, had this mean dog that everyday would chase Lindy and I until his chain pulled him back into the yard. One day Lindy and I were riding our bikes to my house, this dog started chasing us and he wasn’t stopping- he was off his chain. We cut through Dick Barney’s lawn my bike was slowing me down so I ditched the bike and started running for my Grandparents’ house. Lindy headed back towards the Tetonia Park. I thought for sure that that dog was going to eat me whole. I made it to the house safely and waited for the owner of the dog to chain up the dog. After that I would ride my bike an extra block just to avoid that dog.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Sounds like you had the all-American childhood.:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the flashback Jess. Those were fun days.

Jewels said...

Good old Tetonia! Don't ya miss it? We used to have scary dogs that lived at the house on the corner or our road by the highway. When I rode my bike home from Tetonia I would skip the road and cross the fence and walk my bike home through the field. Those dogs almost ate me alive once!

PS Tell LJ I want her permission to read her blog.
jwls711@hotmail.com