Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baseball Betting Taken to a Whole New Level!

After years of the casual "I owe you dinner" bets Jonathan and I finally decided to get fancy in our terms for our baseball bets. Jonathan flew to the Bay to visit and we had one fancy dinner! Maybe one day Jonny will start betting for the Yankees and win one of our bets....until then I'll continue to thoroughly enjoy my winnings. It is always great to be with Jonny.
Jonny and his Counter Burger!
The first afternoon Jonny was here we went to this park by the Bay, threw the football, took a nap in the sun and just chatted. It was an ideal afternoon in my humble opinion. :)
Jonny and I prior to dinner. The terms required 1) A fancy restaurant 2) Being Dressed to the T. We kind of looked like we were going to Prom....so we thought Jonny better have a flower to make it official. Hehe! We went to Alexander's Steakhouse and had such a great time.


Jonny had T-Bone.
I had Fillet Mignon and it was delicious! Granted it wasn't the Kobe beef Fillet Mignon ($250) that was on the menu but we'll have to wait until Jonathan has made at least a million before I indulge that much. Hurry up Jonny, get rich quick!
A few years ago when Jonathan flew from Seattle to Idaho to visit we went to dinner and while we were sitting there a woman came up and congratulated us on getting engaged. Obviously the woman needed her hearing checked but I remember laughing so hard from the shocked look on Jonny's face. So in honor of that I mentioned to the waiter that it was our Anniversary (partly to see if I could get a similar reaction). Instead Jonny played the part beautifully. We had sparkling Cherry Lemonade to toast our [Insert year here] Anniversary and this great dessert!
This place was awesome! Cotton Candy for dessert....not your average ballpark cotton candy either!
We spent the next day in San Francisco. I always find it amusing that each time someone visits and we play tourist I always see or do something I never had discovered before. There are these old boats that they have on display on the Bay next to the Wharf.
Jonathan and I took a very "cool" and "breezy" boat ride in the Bay! It was pretty cool!

We ended the night in style!!! Watching the Oakland A's beat the Boston Red Soxs! Yes I wore my Yankees' hat proudly! It was freezing but worth the cold! We also saw a cool fight and watched two obnoxious Red Soxs fans get booted out of the Stadium....that was icing on the cake! Overall it was the best weekend to have the baseball bet! The A's swept the Red Soxs 3-0 in the Bay, while the Yankees swept the Mariners 3-0 in New York! I heart the Yankees!

5 comments:

Gini said...

The Yankees just got lucky!!

Looks like you had a great weekend.

Jeff & Johanna said...

You guys look like you had so much fun! We are jealous that you guys got to have an awesome time together. Maybe it's time for a reunion?

Scott said...

So, I think you should come watch the Yankees in person. Our house is the cheapest place to stay in town. Better get your flights fast before the prices go up. :) Let us know when you want to book your room.

Anonymous said...

so jess, just what is up with you and jonny b?
sandee

Jewels said...

Sheesh! It might as well have been your anniversary! That's about as good as Ben and I get on our anniversary. In fact, I'm a little jealous. That looks like a fun date! :) So, is there any chance you could one day have a real anniversary with him? :)