Friday, June 13, 2008

Yankees Come To The Bay!


I'll be honest I was more excited for the Yankees to come to the Bay this season than when I graduated from college! The Yanks took the series 2-1. I have spent so many years watching the Yankees that it was awesome to anticipate which direction they would move, being that close to the action was unreal! A-Rod's swing is beautiful, Jeter is so graceful when he rolls up a DP (beats ballet any day!), Posada has such a canon, watching Rivera close the game was tight, and watching Cabrera hit a HR was icing on the cake. I am still glazed over with a smile! The Yankees' afterglow could easily last another couple of months! My friend, Matt Wiley, came with me. Thanks Matt! Matt was awesome.....got our food for us so I didn't have to leave the game, brought sunflower seeds (a Matt Wiley baseball staple), and he truly understands why baseball is so amazing (when a person knows and understands the game the anticipation makes it worth the wait)! I heart The Yankees! I heart Baseball! I heart the Double Play! I heart the bat cracking! I heart the dream come true!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

your so cute!

Scott said...

Jess, I wish I could share your enthusiasm about baseball. I have to say that if I never go to another major league game, it will be fine with me. They spend more time hanging out on the sidelines during commercial breaks than they do actually playing the game. And when they play the game... it is soooo slow. I know that I probably don't understand the game well enough and that is the problem. But, still... we don't let Jeff play with baseballs or bats or mitts. :) Cause I don't know if I could stand it if he went pro and we never went to his games. :)

Sunshine said...

Holla! Go Yankees! I'm so glad you finally got to see them in the flesh. Can't wait for you to plan your trip back East to see them thrash the Red Sox.

Tara said...

Jess,
I'm sorry you missed out on the biggest party of the year:) It was quite funny that all of the Berry siblings were missing but luckily Avery and Amie were there to represent! I was telling your mom how funny you are on your posts and I had no idea this whole time how really funny you are, I love it! I was also updated on who this "Jonathan" is, so now I'm all caught up in your life! Keep posting all the fun you have down in Cali!