Friday, February 4, 2011

Country Music On The Rise

I've missed country music...that's right I'm getting back on the wagon after a four year break. The twang, the deep husky bass voices, singing about love, tractors, staying strong, and your dead dog. The Weepies, Ingrid Michaelson, and A Fine Frenzy hopefully will not mind the rest while my Pandora station has country sounds pouring out it for at least a week...maybe more. The reunion is as sweet as a ripe grapefruit in the spring, you completely forget how enjoyable it tastes until you take that first bite from the first grapefruit of the season. Now some may be turning their noses up at the idea of me comparing the goodness of country music to the sweetness of grapefruit, thinking that one or the other is the complete opposite from sweetness...to those folks, that's fine you feel that way. Country music and grapefruit are both acquired tastes. Maybe one day you'll get lucky and your taste-buds might mature enough to enjoy both.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Check out the music video for Garth Brooks "Standing Outside the Fire." I have other country favorites, but I will spare you.

Jennifer Peterson said...

like this. :)