Monday, February 7, 2011

Lessons From The Pink Huffy

When I was a little (yes much smaller than your average little girl) riding my pink huffy bike kept me occupied. I remember breaking my thumb from crashes on that bike on numerous occasions, only I rarely could tell right away because of poor sensation on that right hand of mine yet sure enough when that thumb would swell like a sausage we knew I had broke it again. There were times I never thought I’d learn to balance on that bike but then one day the training wheels came off and after a lot of falling I learned to balance, not perfectly but enough to keep riding. Little did I realize that conquering that little huffy would only be one of the first of many obstacles that I’d be fighting with the heart of a giant while at times my strength was only that of a mouse. I also learned that like riding a bike I didn’t have to learn to balance perfectly everything in life, but just enough to keep riding. A stationary bike can’t stay upright; we must always be pedaling or rather progressing to balance the bike.

3 comments:

RandiLynn said...

You're amazing....True story. Love ya friend. The end

Lauren said...

I love you, Jess :)

Jess said...

Thanks Randi!

Love you both!