Thursday, April 28, 2011

Inaugural Cooking Club Event

We are a generation of clubs I've decided. Book club, golf league, poetry club, FM club, The Yankees club (clearly the numbers are stronger in NY but I faithfully lead the PA chapter), the JP Fan club (I am the president no matter what DB says), and now we have the cooking club (thanks to Bena and HN).

Objective of the club: learn how to cook better and eat, obviously. Each month we meet and cook the main dish together, with two girls bringing sides, and one girl bringing dessert. This month's maiden voyage was excellent! This month: skirt steak pita! Delicious!
I brought "icky chickies" (commonly known as Peeps to non-Berrys) as a "pre-dinner" dessert. I soon learned that all my fellow cooking clubbers are anti-icky chickies to my dismay.
MP's awesome salad...love the color
The cooks
I gladly took the grilling job!
***I feel it is important to note that next to a hot tub a grill is my next large purchase. Grilling is in my genes folks.
Ready to eat!
Favorite picture of the evening! NB, a red meat lover. hehe
Like I mentioned...delicious
Dessert: Berry Delight (made that name up about a week ago). Made by Cook Berry

1 comment:

Tori B said...

This is a classy group of girls. You ladies are adorable!