Sunday, July 3, 2011

Utah...Worth A Visit Every Now and Then

Wedding season is bringing me to Utah multiple times in July. I'll be the first to admit that I pride myself for being one of the few people that has only spent 5 days in Utah at any one time throughout my life. Every now and then though it deserves a visit. SEC lives there, that is reason enough. I miss living with SEC (Church Educational System backwards). I learned so much from her in the four years we lived together and I still learn from her whenever I get the privilege of seeing her. Her motto for life is summed up as this: Don't worry, be happy, trust God. Simple as it may sound, it is one thing to say it and another thing (impressive thing at that) to live it. Love you SEC!

So I've had this discussion multiple times with a friend whether his "Utah" mountains can compete with the Grand Tetons. I would send him photos of the picturesque peaks, taken by myself or family and he'd send me Wikipedia shots of the Utah mountains (what I'd call rocky hills). I must admit though publicly, in the right lighting Utah mountains can be picturesque in their own way.
Friday night SEC and I went with our old friend, RA (I've missed this guy!), to dinner at Panda (oh yes!), after we grabbed a Frosty for this Wendy's deprived girl, followed by the Art Center at BYU. This was my best find... Homage to Jackie Robinson. How sweet!
Oh yes, it had a DP label quilted at the bottom too!

RA and SEC in front of the coolest piece of modern I've witnessed in the last decade, book stacks in the shape of a crooked square. I was so tempted to try and pull out one of the books...

For those dear friends that I missed seeing this trip please forgive me (BW, JA)...it was a whirlwind trip...and I'll be back in three weeks to celebrate another blissful wedding so maybe then I'll get to see you.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

See, Utah isn't all that bad! Call if you have time when you are in town next, would love to catch up.