Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Black Sister!

Kenna Pearl Ann Walters. We seem like an unlikely pair. I am as tart as a raspberry and she's as sweet as brown sugar. I truly pale in comparison to Keena! The girl is always optimistic even when she is faced with difficulty. She smiles and keep pushing forward, what an amazing quality! Keena thinks that she sneaked her way into my good graces under the radar, but I have been very aware from the beginning of our friendship what an amazing friend I was gaining. Maybe it was the late night cupcake delivery, the cookie dough deliveries, the visiting teaching in the hot tub(oh yes that's right...I dare anyone to try and top that visiting teaching!), or her putting up with an hour long discourse of why beef is so amazing when she strongly dislikes beef (side note: all her amazing qualities counteract this unfortunate fact), but I learned quickly that rain or shine Keena is there for me. I'd be lying if I said that our weekly hot tubbing appointments weren't part of the reason I heart KW! ;)

Pres Thomas S. Monson said: "May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffering in any way. May we “[cheer] up the sad and [make] someone feel glad.”" Keena has and continues to go that "extra" mile to include me and so many around her in her sincere and many times unnoticed ways. An example to behold!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Aw, Jess. That was sweet!