Sunday, February 15, 2009

KT and Ash Tea Party

Not sure if words can describe how great my first ever Tea Party was (I mean I played tea party as a little girl....side note: playing kitchen/tea party/with play dishes may have been the only authentic "girly" activities I ever participated in as a child)! It was in two words: magically delicious. KT and Ash both have February birthdays and it was Valentine's Day so what better way to celebrate than a tea party (their teacup collections are something to behold). Thank you so much girls! You are both strong, beautiful, and straight-shooters (my favorite quality of all).

****Please note: This post is rather long but too many great pictures/women/food not to include a sampling of it all. So sit back and enjoy the ride!
Sam (almost Sister) Hall and I. Allow me the opportunity once again to state: I heart SH!
JB's shoes!! Smoking....
Brooke "Trout" Crosland! She and HH performed some Hip-Hop for the birthday girls.
The Matadero Women!
Fab Four (JB, HH, Jes Dep, Ash)! What amazing ladies!
Birthday girl Ash! You know I was completely elated when I learned that KT was moving to Matadero (Matadero is exactly a 1.7 minute drive or a 3.7 minute bike ride (if I am listening to fast music)) so that meant that I could have QT (quality time) with KT more often. What I failed to factor into my equation of elation was the fact that I now get to see Ash on a more frequent basis too! I admire Ash because not only is she intelligent, strong-willed, and kind but she's a girl jock that excels in ALL sports. While I trash talk about our upcoming football match-up with the 2nd ward, I truly bow down to the talent that Ashli possesses. When Ash recruited me to play softball with her I knew I had made it to the big leagues, now I am just waiting for the call to play football with her! ;)
KT and her sister, Allison.
Align CenterKT and JB. Confession moment: When KT and I were first in the Relief Society presidency together we weren't really good friends. I equate that to us being SO much alike in our self-assured personalities and our "down to business" efficiencies BUT then with the passage of time we bonded in such a way that our "practically" alike personalities are our favorite things about us. KT would do just about anything for me (taking the raisins out of the rice pudding (thank you again!), bringing me good ole DP, or making over my blog (yes, KT is to thank for the new design)), showing me what real compassion is all about!
Allow me to quickly list 5 reasons I heart KT:
1. Pink tights
2. Gchats
3. The KT Method
4. Says it how it is
5. Her well justified ego
MH and KT (It was almost like having all of Melville there....almost).
Jes Dep!!! Words don't describe Jes Dep adequately! I get excited every time I even hear that Jes Dep might be attending the same function as me.
The complete spread! Yes these gals do know how to throw a party!
Lemon Custer! Yes, I am showing all this food to make you hungry! Is it working?
Of course....
These teacups beat any play teacup sets I ever had.
"Love is the greatest refreshment in life" Pablo Picasso
Mmmmmmm.....
Mouths should be watering at this point....
Now it is time you go eat something (it won't be half as tasty but after this post you are starving!).

3 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! I don't think I've ever had a grown-up tea party...you guys looked like you are having so much fun! You girls are so cute.

Emily said...

Oh, and can I have the recipes??? Please??? That spread looked so good. And you are right, I am hungry now! E-mail me.

Unknown said...

Wow Jess that puts our good ole tea parties to shame :)