Monday, October 19, 2009

Miracle In The Best Form: A Surprise Miracle

The last while I have been slacking on blogging, especially given that it is OCTOBER...the 2nd greatest month of the year, call it being busy, the post season of baseball, not feeling well, or simply being in a less than transparent mood. This morning I felt that the only constant was the Yankees in my life and while yes they lost in a close 11 inning game today I still know that while other things in life will fail us, whether that be health, people, the weather-the Yankees won't be breaking my heart this year.

Yet this post is not about a Yankees miracle but rather something of far more importance. (Yes you should be sitting on the edge of your seat if I made that statement).

At 10:37 AM this morning I received an email from my dear friend, Deborah, entitled "Surprise!!!!". Mind you that Deborah and Tyler usually aren't huge emailers so they could have had a subject line: cold in Rexburg and I'd still be curious. Tyler, Deborah, and I went to undergrad together. They really are two of my favorite people, they love each other deeply, are more patient amid afflictions than most people I've ever encountered, and they are constant in all they do.

Get to the point already Jess, what is the surprise!?!

After many years of waiting Tyler and Deborah are PARENTS! They adopted a little baby boy and to my surprise and delight kept it a surprise until he was born this morning. I can hardly express how excited I am for this blessing. I've watched my dear friends be faithful and patient for so long and now they get to share the love they so freely share with others with this precious baby boy straight from Heaven. No matter how bleak some days might seem miracles happen and they tend to happen just when we think all is lost.


Congratulations and thank you for sharing your miracle on a day where I needed the eternal perspective of life shown unto me yet again.


1 comment:

Deborah said...

Thanks Jess. And thank you for your support. We feel so loved and so blessed. Seth is doing well, except for his IV. I'll keep you updated. Love you!