Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inner Workings Of The Stanford Junior Mind Part 12

History

From my little study of history I've found that history revolves around prominent leaders. Historians love to research these important people, resulting in hundreds of books. One side effect of the national prominence and fame is that anything that an important person touches becomes significant.

So I work at a place that researches history. Under the student work desk there is a document folder that keeps falling over and landing on my knees. Kind of annoying. I usually just pick it up and lean against the side. One day in frustration I opened the huge folder, lo and behold there are two pieces of legal sized note paper framed in a large sheet of plexiglass with President Reagan's handwriting. THE President Reagan. I'm not sure what the papers say, I've tried to read them, multiple times. Yes a piece of history hits my knee every time I sit down and to be honest it is kind of a pain.

I hope one day my college physics notes will make it in plexiglass. My notes would also be illegible, but at least mine would have interesting doodles in the margins.

No comments: