Sunday, March 21, 2010

When Your Mama Emails...

and she starts off with:
Hey a few things to tell you.
1. boring blog these days, no updates, i'm sure there is
something interesting happening.

You start to hear Ricky saying to Lucy...Lucy you've got some explaining to do...

What I've been doing (in no particular order)

1. Spending time looking at this blog that shows the newest addition, Evelyn Jean (EJ for short of course) to my "extended" family. (Congrats Mike and SJ!).

2. It is the third greatest month of the year...MADNESS IS IN THE AIR! Did I mention I have a 55 inch screen TV as a roommate these days to watch the Madness in all its glory? After the 1st and 2nd round I follow close between the big bro in the Berry Oil bracket. I've picked Duke to take it. Do I feel bad for the saps that picked Kansas to win it all? Not at all...N. Iowa is a classic example of why the Madness is so sweet.

3. Having massages and acupuncture on a high frequency basis (Hey folks don't be jealous alright. I do have this thing called cerebral palsy so I need them more often than your average pampered person). Turns out after awhile you mentally become accustomed to feeling like a human pin cushion.

4. Weekly trips to the temple. What is a temple some may asking themselves? Read more here.

5. Weekly dinners with JP...having a personal chef is a perk that I'm starting to love.

6. Making Sloppy Dans (Dan, the originator of the recipe, of course is not sloppy but awesome!). I'm slowly working my way to perfection with each batch! My secret weapon: making Mama Berry's homemade potato rolls to go with the Sloppy Dans. Freakin' Genius. (pictures forthcoming).

7. Prepping for opening day of baseball season, mentally and physically. See the countdown here...minute by minute coverage folks! GOOOOO YANKKKEEESSS!!!!

8. Bridal showering.

9. Supposedly doing my taxes (hehe...getting there slowly).

10. Enjoying Pinkberry as much as possible, as long as they have unlimited toppings this Berry will be smothering her froyo with every Berry offered.

11. Mastering the art of eye makeup blending.

12. Focusing on making my own happiness. "Mortality is a precious drop in the bucket of eternity. Why not make each minute pleasant and fulfilling? We must make our own happiness. As President Spencer W. Kimball once said, ‘Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." Pres. James E. Faust “A Vision of What We Can Be,” Ensign, Mar. 1996, 10

13. Working on several blog posts that are forth coming...

14. Waiting excitedly for some of my Boring Berrys to arrive in PA on Wednesday!

***Blogging with diligence will be picked back up soon. Have a little faith and maybe I'll even get a few guest bloggers in the lineup too.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh honey, it is impossible to spend too much time on number 11. Once you have mastered the art, please devote a post to teaching the rest of us.

Jess said...

I think I'll be slating a guest blogger to make post in late April because she'll always be the first Master, I'm merely a grasshopper.