Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Fountain of Youth-THE DEAD SEA

We went to the Dead Sea TWICE! We did two mud baths with the magic mud of the Dead Sea each time.  After the first trip I looked like I was 12 years old...following the second trip I now look like I'm 6 yrs old.  It possibly has been my favorite experience in Israel.  It was so therapeutic!  I can totally see why women pay outrageous amounts of money to go to spas and have mud baths.  I haven't enjoyed playing in the mud so much since that time as a kid when Lindy and I made mud pies and it took Mom hours to wash Lindy's mop of hair.  I think that all the Erickson and Berry women should take a trip to the Dead Sea for next year's girl outing...I'd definitely attend this outing!  Folks always comment on how young my Grandma and Mom look and I'm here to tell you the Dead Sea could keep those comments coming at least another 30 yrs (at least).  When I washed off the first layer of mud it felt like my legs had been freshly shaved (clearly I'm on vacation and so I hadn't shaved my legs all week), after washing off the second layer of mud it felt like my whole body had been lasered.  Pure bliss is the only real explanation of the Dead Sea that can begin to do it justice.  After the magic mud, we had ice cream for lunch (oh yes and I had a snickers ice cream bar for breakfast each morning...the perks of vacation).  Send me back!!! 
 The three Inca warrior women...you could have shot an arrow at me and it would have bounced off with the  layering job I did.  
 Who else agrees that I should submit this photo to the National Geographic?  I imagine if I lived in the time of Inca warriors I'd be one and this is how I'd prepare for battle.   

 We were so happy to bring LS on Dead Sea Day 2!  She may not love it as much as BE and I but we made sure she looked great!!  
Mama Berry thinks it is time for a new profile picture on the blog.  Maybe this should be in the running?  
 See we look like teenagers again, at least!  

1 comment:

moma berry said...

JESS LOVE THE INCA WARRIOR PICTURES JUST THE WRONG CONTINENT! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME.