Sunday, July 13, 2008

Peter Finlayson = AMAZING

Now while this guy pulls off the Zoolander pose so nicely there is definitely more substance to Peter Finlayson! My friend, Peter, is currently in a play at Stanford called Translations. I went last night and it was great. I was seriously impressed (then again it is Pete). :) Months ago when Peter told me about the play I made some smart remark about making a poster and being on the front row cheering him on. True to my word I made a very cheesy and bright poster (see below). Every now and then I like to post about someone that has made my life better. Today that is Peter, a long overdue post. I met Peter when our good friend, Karren, "assigned" me to attend Ward Missionary Correlation meeting as the Relief Society Presidency rep. I was a bit skeptical at first of the efficiency of these meetings but within weeks I quickly caught the vision and started to realize what a powerful example and friend Peter was and would continue to be. I willingly took on the title of PF's Admin.

I would like to point out a few things about Peter. He is constantly quoting and more importantly LIVING 1 Peter 3:15 which states "But asanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give ban answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the chope that is in you with dmeekness and efear:" I can hear his tag line "Live, Love, Share" as I type! I have had a front row seat watching as someone gives so freely of his love, time, and service. Peter is a true and consistent friend (even in the mist of struggles) that I have been privileged to have. If there is anything I've learned from Peter that is worth sharing it is that Lord does change our hearts and that he blesses us through His children. I have quoted Elder Wirthlin before but it is worth quoting again.
“Sometimes the greatest love is not found in the dramatic scenes that poets and writers immortalize. Often, the greatest manifestations of love are the simple acts of kindness and caring we extend to those we meet along the path of life.” Thanks PF!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Everyone needs a friend like Peter.