Thursday, September 11, 2008

Birthday Picnic

Every Birthday week should start out with an awesome kick-off picnic that includes some sort of recreational sport. Can anyone say Two-hand Touch Football? While my team was defeated in the end, I did score a birthday touchdown and only clothes-lined HC once (huge accomplishment for me)! It really was a fun afternoon with all the right fixings: Great people, great food (Meredith made my birthday cake: Oatmeal cake), Dr. Pepper, football, softball, lemon bars, and Keena and Sachi taking one for the team and playing Two-hand touch with us! Thanks kids!
Joel is refueling at halftime.
After some roughhousing with MCB: he's lucky he made it out alive. :)
Mer and Sachi: crazy ones.
Sachi getting ready for her first down of football. Will she be ready?
Yes, wrong sport. The US Open isn't held on a football field.
Amy, Mikey, and the football
Dave and Tim! Love these guys!
Keena, Heather, and I waiting for the action to start!
HC: super excited to play!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday! (I dont' know when it is for sure, I just thought I'd cover my bases) I'm glad you got your oatmeal cake! Mmmmmmmm...