Thursday, September 4, 2008

Flashback: Businesswoman At Heart

As a little girl I had my own “real estate business”. Yes some girls play Barbies or play house yet I sold skyscrapers to people. I sold the Empire State Building to my Mom. I sold the White House to my Grandpa Berry for over a million dollars (thinking at the time that was a whole lot of money for a building, boy was I understating the market value!). I sold real buildings along with buildings that I made up in my imagination. My Grandma Erickson gave me all her old office supplies and a briefcase. The name of my company was JLK Inc. Lindy and Katie Friesen worked for me, but they weren’t as interested in the business as I was. I even had my own business cards that read Jessica Berry, President (obviously I was going to be the President). I loved playing business; loved making deals, collecting "money", and writing checks (yes, I know that is weird to enjoy).

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Only you, Jess. Only you. I love it.