Monday, September 8, 2008

Flashback: Seven Years of Gratitude

Seven years ago this morning I was in a terrifying car accident on my way to work. I was young, stupid, and speeding on a dirt road. I fishtailed and proceeded to roll my car several times into the left-hand side of the ditch bank. A lot of things flashed before my mind in those moments and I really thought as I came eye-level with the ground that I was going to die. Thank goodness my Heavenly Father has more in store for me to accomplish on earth. By all accounts it was a miracle I survived the crash. Once again this morning I am whisked back to that day and find myself re-living those moments and also remembering how grateful I am to have made it again to another great September. I remember the evening of the accident my brother, Matt, taking me to the park to hit baseballs and as we came home walking into the house finding my closest friends pulling off the first "surprise" birthday party I'd ever had (they were only successful because I was still in shock I am sure). I remember hugging Sara "Bagley" Telford and being reminded what a wonderful gift life really is! It really was the greatest gift I could have received for my birthday that year and as a wonderful reminder of gratitude ever year moving forward.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

How lucky we are that you've made it to another September. I remember you telling me about that after my sister got in a car accident. I can't even imagine what that must have been like.