Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saying Farewell to 1T 3232


Today my heart fell a bit and there was definitely a moment of silence standing next to the Silver Bullet after my faithful Idaho license plates were traded in for your generic, "be-like-the-crowd" California plates. I've never driven my car without my 1T 3232 license plates until today. 1T 3232 was in the Berry Family long before I started driving legally. I remember how I learned quickly as a child to memorize the license: 3232 (Magic Johnson's number twice, MJ's number backwards twice, and our local sheriff's office number backwards). The only consolation prize is that my new plates end in the number seven, but how am I to make such correlation with sports figures with random letters and generic numbers? I will miss seeing 1T 3232 everyday....maybe I'll frame the plates and put them up in the apartment.

1 comment:

ShaleceElynne said...

This must have been a sad day to say goodbye to the Idaho plates. I'm there for ya if you need a shoulder to cry on! :)