Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Inner Workings Of The Stanford Sophomore Mind Part 3

Ten Goals for My Next Ten Years
By: Guest Blogger: Stanford Sophomore

I entered a new decade of my life this past month. In true family form, I decided to write down a list of goals I should work on these next ten years. I promise you on my grandmother's rolls, (which are delicious and definitely quite sacred in our family), the first thing that came to my mind was:
1. Do not get a tattoo

Where did that come from??? Believe me that is definitely not in the books. To explain, I've told my mother I want to cut my hair short. She replied, "Do Not Cut Your Hair Short." I asked, "Can I cut it short when I'm older?" She replied, "If you do, I'll come back and haunt you." I don't want to know what she would do if I got a tattoo.

Here are my other goals:
2. Choose to dance
3. Write more on paper, read more on paper
4. Appreciate the flowers in life
5. Run wild and strong
6. Find/join/fight/lead my mission
7. Love those who impact my life
8. Talk to strangers on airplanes
9. Live abroad
10. Honor my family

What have I learned from my last ten years? Surprises come often. Love is powerful. Worrying doesn't do any good. I have so much to learn. It doesn't happen unless you tell someone or write it down. I am often foolish, more than I would like to be. Good friends see the bad and the good, and love you anyways. I need to have more adventures. I am darn lucky and blessed.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Thank you Stanford Sophomore. I enjoy these little meetings.