Monday, August 3, 2009

WAKE UP WITH JESS DAY 100

What is WAKE UP WITH JESS?

Brooke Trout (BT) works in the city and leaves her little cottage every morning around 4:30 AM. 100 working days ago BT and I decided what better way to wake up than to find an email from Jess (that's me folks) in her inbox. Every Monday through Friday BT receives her very own WAKE UP WITH JESS email. Today is Day 100! In honor of our celebration that will commence WAKE UP WITH JESS DAY 100 will have its very own blog post.

What makes up the content of a WAKE UP WITH JESS email?

Random consistency!

I am a lover, slightly obsessed fan of the number 7 and BT is a math nerd so most emails start off something like this:

Day 72: 7 + 2 = 9 - 2 = 7 = AMAZING DAY

(Basic math that always gets to 7...weird yes but we embrace it)


Common topics of emails:

The Yankees and Red Soxs. I try to remind BT that it isn't worth going to Hell and she should give up being a dirty sox. One day she'll repent and see the light. I also consistently update her on the standings of the East. See here that the Yanks still lead!

Boys. No names will be named publicly for privacy purposes. Just feel safe in assuming that if you've ever made BT's radar or my radar that you've made one or more WAKE UP WITH JESS emails. If you're curiosity might just kill you, feel free to ask if you've made the cut. Whether you'll get an answer has about a 60 percent probability.

At least one random topic. i.e. (naming children, farming, golf, the boy from high school that drove me crazy, Jenn Peterson).

The worries and joys of our hearts. There is no sugarcoating in a WAKE UP WITH JESS.

ALWAYS signed "Your Yank".

Sample of WAKE UP WITH JESS Day 100:

Day 100: 100 - 23 (our ages for a few more weeks) = 77 = GREAT DAY TIMES 2! Happy early birthday to us both!

The Yanks won tonight! Praise Heaven! We lead the East STILL! Watching the Yankees win so much warms my little black heart like a hot DP in the summer heat.

Tonight I whipped some young men (WH, CT, and JT in particular) into shape by beating them at Acquire. AW said tonight that I was "lucky" he wasn't there to play. Hahaha, after being the Monopoly reigning champ this is really just a walk in the park...with or without him present. Competitiveness is definitely my strength and sometimes (at least I am told) my weakness.

Excited for our slumber party tonight! We'll eat ice cream, watch Baseball Tonight, talk about X, Y, and Z, and try to hit the sack before you have to catch your Tuesday morning train. ;)

Happy Day 100 BT! So grateful that we're friends, even if you are a dirty Red Sox (we can't both be perfect)! I love you BT!

Your bright smilin' Yank!

No comments: